To start with, I don’t drink coffee on a regular basis but I do like to use coffee to make my hair and skin better. So, I thought to share some ways in which you can use coffee to make yourself prettier.
- Smoother and Shinier- I recklessly used hot tools on my hair which resulted in my hair looking dead but I was stunned with the results I got after using coffee on my hair 3-4 times. It brought back like to my hair and made them shiny and smooth. Coffee contains protein and antioxidants that not only repair damaged hair but also provide deep nourishment to hair follicles. It can be hard on the scalp so don’t apply it directly. You’re supposed to dilute it with conditioner. Apply the coffee powder and conditioner mix to your hair and let it rest for 20-30 minutes. After that, wash it off with cold water.
- Darkening the color- My hair is naturally brown-ish not black but after using coffee I definitely noticed a change in my hair color. My hair got 1 or 2 shade darker. Mix coffee grounds with water and add the paste to your hair after it’s been shampooed. Let it sit there for about 10-15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water and, finally, damp dry using a soft towel.
- Cellulite: This is something many women struggle with. Using coffee scrub by mixing the coffee powder with coconut oil on the area definitely helps in the getting-rid process along with exercising and maintaining a healthy diet.
- Scrub: Coffee powder makes an amazing scrub both for feet and face.
- Baby soft feet- Making this scrub at home is not rocket science. All the ingredients can be easily found in your kitchen. All you need is 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, half a cup of coffee powder and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Mix them well, and apply it to your feet! Then, wash it off with lukewarm water. It not only removes dead skin cells, it also helps to nourish and to moisturize your feet.
- Face- Add a tablespoon of coffee powder to a bowl of yogurt and add in a few drops of water. Mix all the ingredients till it turns into a brown thick paste and apply it your face. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes till the paste hardens and wash it off with lukewarm water. It makes my skin so soft, I love it.♥
If you want to try some other simple DIY scrubs, read my previous post- Scrub It Off!
I hope you enjoyed reading and it helped you. You can find me on Instagram and twitter, I will link them below.
Thanks for reading! 🙂